Kapok fibre is 100% biodegradable and 100% recyclable. In every application, during the production process, and at the end of the product's life, kapok is regenerative. Indeed, over-consumption of kapok actually helps the planet.
FLOCUS™ is helping the people, helping the planet.
FLOCUS™ is leading the industry to a better way for the people and the planet. It is a pioneer in the development of a textile fibre, kapok, whose production results in a reduction of the carbon footprint on the environment, and whose end-use products naturally boast the best in sustainability and functionality.
Kapok fibre grows on trees, on non-agricultural land. It not only offers a positive impact on the environment. It also positively impacts on the communities where the fibre is grown and processed. FLOCUS™ is helping the people, helping the planet. Its work is in line with the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations, which are a blueprint for a better and more sustainable future for everyone. In particular, FLOCUS™ is working towards achieving:
• sustainable consumption and production patterns;
• resilient infrastructure, sustainable industrialization and innovation;
• sustainable management of forests, land degradation, and loss of biodiversity;
• a reduction in the impact of climate change;
• better work and economic growth; and
• global partnerships for sustainable development.