Kapok fibre is 100% biodegradable and 100% recyclable. In every application, during the production process, and at the end of the product's life, kapok is regenerative. Indeed, over-consumption of kapok actually helps the planet.
Flocus is helping the people, helping the planet.
Flocus is leading the industry to a better way for the people and the planet. It is a pioneer in the development of a textile fibre, kapok, whose production results in a reduction of the carbon footprint on the environment, and whose end-use products naturally boast the best in sustainability and functionality.
Kapok fibre grows on trees, on non-agricultural land. It not only offers a positive impact on the environment. It also positively impacts on the communities where the fibre is grown and processed. Flocus is helping the people, helping the planet. Its work is in line with the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations, which are a blueprint for a better and more sustainable future for everyone.In particular, Flocus is working towards achieving:
• sustainable consumption and production patterns;
• resilient infrastructure, sustainable industrialisation and innovation;
• sustainable management of forests, land degradation, and loss of biodiversity;
• a reduction in the impact of climate change;
• decent work and economic growth; and
• global partnerships for sustainable development.